Re: [OM] Landscapes/TOPE/camera shake

Subject: Re: [OM] Landscapes/TOPE/camera shake
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 04:06:06 -0800

Barry,
I feel exactly as you do. This list made me realize I never really obtained ANY sharp photos handheld, and since it's useless to try a tripod due to the camera shake introduced by a moving shutter, I'll be selling all my 35MM gear and purchasing a pinhole camera. I should be able to obtain really sharp photos , what with no shutter at all to ruin my shots. I'm just sorry it's taken me 40 years of shooting to come to this realization. Let's compare notes in say, 6 months, OK?

Best,
George S.

I really getting sick of all this exaggeration. Can't you guys play it straight? Only last week I got an okay shot of downtown after dark. Now admittedly I used an entire roll and used the best of the negatives, but it only took me a couple of hours in Paint shop Pro to fudge out the worst of those camera shake issues (and mind you this was only for the highlights--you could hardly see any blur at all in the shadows). Admittedly the quality is not really good enough for a super enlargements, but hell, who needs or even wants much more than a thumbnail image these days anyway? If a top end of 300x200 pixels with some fuzz around the edges isn't good enough for you than I say just give the hobby up for good and get a day job. And a life!

Tris

P.S. Please don't forget to properly insure all the f/2-and-faster lenses you mail to me (for my dumpster).