[OM] I fixed the 50...sort of

Subject: [OM] I fixed the 50...sort of
From: "Josh Lohuis" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 19:01:17 -0600
Hello Everyone,

     My teacher gave the class a two week extension on our project...nobody
had anything.  I am now back, with a half finished project that I will
putter at until next month.  On to the OM content>

    I succeeded in taking apart my broken 50 and putting it back together.
I am happy.  I couldn't fix the aperture blade, but I did manage to get the
dirt cleaned out.  I was almost surprised at the ease of all this.  There is
not much to it...kind-of like when I first took apart the computer (the one
I have now I built myself).  So, are most lenses this easy or is it just my
standard 50?  I think I would like to start doing more of this kind of
thing.  I love it!!  I just couldn't figure out one thing though, how would
I get the "frontal" elements out?  That raises another question that I have
been wanting to ask.  How do I take apart my camera.  I most likely wouldn't
do it...but how?  I bought a beat up Agfa AMBI SILETTE for $2 CAN (that's
about $1.35 US, my goal was to take it apart and see how it works and try to
fix it ect.  I just couldn't get it open.  I unscrewed the wind lever using
the two holes and then I unscrewed the rewind lever and then I tried prying
pulling and throwing but to no avail.  How does a camera open up?

Thanks for everything...the survey is coming along well too, thanks for all
the replies!

JOSH LOHUIS