[OM] 28mm f/2.8

Subject: [OM] 28mm f/2.8
From: "Olympus List" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 13:06:26 -0800
Well, got back my Sequoia trip pictures.. WOW! Can I just make a little commercial on this list for Provia 100 Slide film??? Anyway, a lot of them were taken with my 28mmf/2.8, which I have bitched about for a long time. Well, I shot it without a filter. It looks good! Upon closer inspection, I see my filter was damaged, but the glass was not shattered, it was a little bit "compressed". Not visible.. But when you hold up the filter to something very colorful, and move it around, you see a little bit of warping... So I chucked the filter, and shot without it.. I compared the pics to my friend's, shot on a Tokina, and I actually thought his shots from his Tokina 28-70f/2.8 zoom was a bit sharper. So while my unhappiness with my 28mm has lessoned, I am still not completely satisfied. I see a few on the list have the Tokina 28mm, anybody have both the Zuiko and the Tokina, and have made a comparison? When i get a chance to cut and scan them in, I will let you guys know. Albert