[OM] Scotland, bikes, photos, etc.

Subject: [OM] Scotland, bikes, photos, etc.
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 15:42:35 -0000
>Auggghh! This is a trip I have been fantasizing about since I started
>riding! On a *VFR*, no less!
>I want to do Britain, but particularly the west coast of Scotland on a VFR!

Love Scotland, great place to visit and great for photos.  Did a
(whistlestop) tour a coupla years ago whilst doing a John-o-groats to Lands
End driving holiday and loved it.  Returned a year later to see more of the
west Highlands and the Isle of Skye.  My then Girlfriend remarked, as we all
drove through some of the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen, "so, which
Loch does the Loch Ness Monster live in then ?".  One of the very many
reasons she quickly became my ex-girlfriend !!

Anyone going up that way must look in at "Eilean Donnal Castle" (sp ?).
It's absolutely beautiful.  For anyone in the UK, it's the one on the BBC
trailer with the Balloon going over the loch/castle.  For anyone not in the
UK, it's the one used in the film "Highlander".

Jon