Re: [OM] TTL: not ready for prime time?

Subject: Re: [OM] TTL: not ready for prime time?
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 01:18:38 -0800
Since it doesn't work with 2 cameras, have you considered the possibility that the TTL circuit on the T32 doesn't work while the Normal Auto is OK? I know a T32 and OM-2n combo can work great. I used it for years and found it to be excellent, lots of properly exposed slides. I usually adjusted the exposure comp to underexpose a stop when shooting light skinned people against a dark or far away background, but that's not related to your underexposure problem. Know anybody else with a T32 you can try on TTL?

Moose

Jim L'Hommedieu wrote:

With my ol' OM 2, I was disappointed every single time
with the T32 in TTL.  <snip>
Every single frame (24 in all) is grossly
underexposed.  (more than 3 stops)  There is no detail
at all in the black- it's completely clear film base. If you're thinking that the scene was high key and the
white blanket is probably "correctly exposed" as
neutral grey, it's not.  Even the white bits are pale.