Re: [OM] Survey

Subject: Re: [OM] Survey
From: Charles Sdunek <charles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 22:13:09 -0500
Perhaps then it would be benificial to have us rate our equipment...

Charles

At 11:03 PM 3/18/02, you wrote:
Hello,

    I'm not going to give an update to the survey every 3 minutes, but these
updates are also an addition to the information.

  27 entries,

107 bodies:  OM-2n most popular, OM-1n next (small margins)

 312 lenses, obviously 50mm 1.8 most popular by far with 50 1.4 following,
next is 200 f4, then 75-150 f/4 and then the 50 3.5 macro and 24 f2.8 are
tied for third place.

I don't mean to be pushy, but this is the purpose of this survey.  Which
cameras and lenses are more popular, which seem to be the best. Numbers
usually show this with great accuracy, and with certain allowances such as
availability and cost, this information could be beneficial to anybody
looking to buy something. Example:  I want a zoom lens.  Which should I buy,
well looking at the survey and putting in a few requirements of my own, I
would find that the 75-150 f4 is quite popular and therefore I would
probably conclude that it is a suitable lens for many people (and me). This
system isn't perfect but it can't hurt to have to many opinions when making
a decision (even if it's the survey's opinion).  I just wish I could get
more of a response to this venture.

Thanks to everyone, especially to those who have stated why they haven't
participated.

JOSH