Re: [OM] new family member

Subject: Re: [OM] new family member
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 02:51:46 +0100 (CET)
On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Chris Waigl wrote:

> Le Thu, 14 Mar 2002 20:12:45 +0100 (CET), T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> écrivit:
>

> >I'm a non-smoker, so keep your cigars ;) However I was wondering if you
> >thought up a name for it yet? ;)
>
> Now that's an interesting suggestion. Cruel and neglectful
> as it may appear to youm I'm not in the habit of actually
> naming this kind of family members. I call them by numbers
> and epithets. This one will be "the sweet little 24mm(f/2,8)".
> I've also "the trusty 50mm(f/1,8)", "the no-one-wants-me
> 100mm(f/2,8)", "the great 90mm"

Okie, now you've got me upset and jealous at the same time. The 100/2.8 is
a nice lens - it (or should I say "he"? a peck of living in France is that
we get to use "he" or "she" about objects)  deserves a better parent than
someone who doesn't want him. Of course, in comparison with the 90....

> and "Doro's 200mm" ...

Uhh? What's that? Or, rather, who's Doro? Let's see, a nickname for your
wife who's taken an interrest in tele-photo? ;) If not, then enlighten
me...

> and I'm
> still hoping to get "the razor-sharp 28mm(f/2)" one day <g>.

And then you'll stop - really. Then you'll not need nor want to adopt
another lens, right? You can control it....

Ohh...and hi to another member in France. Is it you who snapped that 180/2
for a record of 3000FF just before me the other day? (that was a *really*
upsetting experience...)

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering