Re: [OM] 3ti and 4ti question

Subject: Re: [OM] 3ti and 4ti question
From: Johnny Johnson <jijohnson4@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 00:04:40 -0500
At 03:21 PM 3/12/02 -0800, dreammoose wrote:

I dislike the unadjustable self-timer delay for mirror and aperture prefire on the OM-4(T(i))s, but find it preferrable to nothing. Gary's tests don't make everything clear, but they sure do make the point about vibration reduction.

Hi DM,

So - what's your take on shooting long teles after reading his comments about the 600mm? He said that, at slow shutter speeds, you get better results if you cradle the camera with your hands to deaden the shock from the shutter than if you use a cable release. What about the mirror - would you think you'd get the best results by using the self timer to pre-fire the mirror plus cradling the camera with your hands? Or, is it enough to just to cradle the camera and use your finger on the shutter release? I've used both methods but I've never run any comparative tests to see which gives the best results.

Later,
Johnny