[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3210

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3210
From: Mark Marr-Lyon <markml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:58:19 -0700
Yes, it will run on Mac OSX, but it isn't for the faint of heart, since
it uses the X Windows environment, and OSX runs the Quartz environment.
So, you first have to get an X Windows server running on top of OSX,
which is possible.  See
<http://www.macgimp.org>
for more information.  It is downloadable, but it's very large, so unless
you have a fast connection, it'd probably be worthwhile to order the CD
from MacGIMP.  Of course, after all that you still have to deal with the
funkiness of X, which is quite different from the funkiness of OSX.

Mark Marr-Lyon