RE: [OM] Slide Shooting Question's.....(help)

Subject: RE: [OM] Slide Shooting Question's.....(help)
From: "Robert R. Gries" <rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 16:38:37 -0600
Larry:

I would recommend using the manual guide numbers when shooting with
flash at night.  Often the flash will want to overcompensate for the
dark background, and with the small latitude of slides, this can be
deadly.

Bob Gries

<snip>

  Hello Fellow OM'ers
I was wondering if any of you have any experince shooting slides at
night time sporting events, and/or races?  My main body will be (of
course) my Black OM-1md (when I get it back from John) or my other
OM-1md with (more than likely) my Vivitar Series 1 135MM 2.8 or my
Vivitar 70-150MM 3.8, and my Metz 45-CL-4. Will these lenses be "fast
enough" for slide file?  Also, which slide film,as I have never shot
sides before. I will have some time for daylight shots, but it is
limited. Any and all advice is most greatfully appreciated either on or
off list. I will have about 20 races to get some good slide shooting
practice. The sanctioning body that I shoot for wants a slide show to
view at trade shows, car shows, etc.  Thanks in advance