RE: [OM] Re: Did the bottom fall out...

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: Did the bottom fall out...
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 15:56:14 -0500
I bid on that one early on, but then backed off after looking at
Gary's tests, which make this lens look like a real dog -- the
only A coming at f/32.  Most all of the "usable" apertures scored
D's and C's.  I take most lens tests with a grain of salt,
including Gary's, but it was enough to put me off, figuring my
400/6.3 with the 1.4X-A teleconverter was optically probably as
good, and a whole lot lighter, not to mention much cheaper, since
I've already got them.

Let us know how it performs, then maybe I'll kick myself for not
bidding more.

For those newbies who may not know, the lens tests are here:

http://members.aol.com/olympusom/lenstests/default.htm

Walt Wayman