Re: [OM] Slide Film Exposure

Subject: Re: [OM] Slide Film Exposure
From: "msparks@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <msparks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 11:46:24 -0500
Don,

In addition to the other helpful comments, I'd add that the spot metering of
the 2S is pretty well suited for slides.  Take a reading off the most important
highlight, or an area that you want 18 0rey.

I think if you've never used slide film, you're likely to get some
underexposures at the rated speed in "Auto" mode.  This is based on my
experience with this camera, which is very sensitive to highlights; more
sensitive than your eyes. The 2S, like a lot of other cameras, is programmed to
avoid blowing out bright areas on slide film.

Whenever I use Kodachrome in my 2S, I set the exposure index +1/3 stop in AUTO,
and I use SPOT/MANUAL if there is much of any contrast.  You need to analyze
the scene much more carefully than with color neg.

The OM2S is the right tool for the job.

Morgan