Re: [OM] qa310 compatibility...

Subject: Re: [OM] qa310 compatibility...
From: davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (David Thatcher)
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 01:10:46 +1030 (CST)
Clint,

Thank you for the response. I found the T-32 circuit on MarkD's site.
If the T-20 is similar (&, of course, IF I have read it correctly!) it
would explain the low (safe?) volts on the X contact. The 'common gate'
network around Q303 (scr) isolates the trigger cap from the outside  &
D302 (zener- 12v I think) prevents the X contact voltage from
exceeding 12v.

my concern with the higher volts (250v) on the 310 comes from my
needing to take the top off my OM40 to replace the SCR in the hotshoe
PCB a few months back (I have no idea why it failed - only t20 used
since I bought it).

Now, off to find a cheap BG1 and/or F.AC_Adapter somewhere in Australia!!!

thanks,

davidt
Adelaide, South Australia