[OM] NUTS & a introduction of sorts.

Subject: [OM] NUTS & a introduction of sorts.
From: "Ian Manners" <ian@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 03:04:24 +1100 (EDT)
Hi Dave (and everyone else)

I've added a bit of an intro about myself below.

>I have pared things back to 3 bodies.  But evilBay lurks.  I still lust for
>a black 4t (got a champagne one) and then I think I want another OM-1 and

I'm looking at the two on ebay :-(  I'm doing my best to talk myself
out of them, I really DONT need them.

The lens on ebay are a problem, of the 18 I bought, 4 had fungal
growth to some degree (2 stated no fungus), one had grease vapour,
after stripping and cleaning, only one lens has overly damaged by
the fungus but it was cheap enough so I'm keeping it for spares (or a
buildin mist filter).

All I had left after my marriage breakup was my F2.8 35-80 Zuiko,
which I was doing my best to hold onto. I think thats why I've gone
a bit ......., 3-4 years without a camera :-(

I've managed to pick up 4 silver noses, a 50, a 100, a 200, and a
75-150mm zoom, all the rest are black. An assortment of winder2's,
etc as well.

I was eyeing that 350mm Zuiko off as well, both of them, they are
definitly out of my range, sigh.

So I currently have in the way of bodies :-
1 x 1n,
1 x 2,
2 x 2n,
1 x 2sp
3 x 4Ti's (Champagne),
1 x OM40 that I bought for my wife (new, not the old wife)

Also ordered some foam kits from John.

Now, I just need to get back into the swing of using my eyes,
and start using those bodies, which I will be when I drive from
Melbourne to Kalgoorlie, then to Perth later this month.

I've already had a ball using the T10, experimenting with
various lenses and macro rings etc. relearning all the old
rules re dual flashes/distances, soft lighting, the old cloth
over one flash etc etc.

In the months to come, I'll be adding a photo section to my
website, just wish I had some of my earlier work from my
mining exploration days with the drill rigs, double exposured
moon(s) hanging to the side etc etc.

I'm Kalgoorlie, Western Australia born and bred but now
living in Melbourne.

Cheers
Ian Manners
http://www.comkal.com.au/

PGP Public Key Fingerprint= 3639 E3AD 8897 3E9A D68D  C340 8D01 2D80 6117 B593

"If life was fair, Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators  would  be
dead."  --Johnny Carson