Re: [OM] Puzzling Zuiko 50mm f/1.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Puzzling Zuiko 50mm f/1.8
From: S B Teoh <et@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 19:35:25 +0700
Hi Brian,

It is indeed wonderful to meet someone who is doing the same thing ie
looking for these 1.8 "Fangs". I do this for fun by combing through local
flea markets and second hand shops but seldom thru Ebay because of shipping
costs. Having said that, I just tried to bid for 8 pieces of 50mm's for
parts; it was chased up to about US$86 I think. Too much for me. Do you have
any (junk) for exchange? The parts could be combined to make a good one.
I have the following to deal with:

1. 50mm f1.8 F.Zuiko Auto-S OM system Olympus 1545571
        No front element.

2. 50mm f1.8 Zuiko Auto-S Olympus OM System Made in Japan
        No filter ring
        No lens release tab
        No front and rear elements

3. 50mm f1.8 Zuiko MC Olympus OM System Auto-S Japan
        No front lens assembly
        No filter ring

4. 50mm f1.8 Zuiko MC Olympus OM System Auto-S Japan
        No front lens assembly
        No filter ring

5. 50mm f1.8 Zuiko MC Olympus OM System Auto-S Japan
        Complete, but bad fungus problem in front lens assembly

6. 50mm f1.8 Zuiko MC Olympus OM System Auto-S Japan
        Complete but slight fungus problem in front lens assembly.

Best Wishes
Eddie