[OM] eSIF CD on Mac problem

Subject: [OM] eSIF CD on Mac problem
From: Joe Gwinn <joegwinn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 22:05:30 -0500
At 1:11 AM +0000 3/2/02, olympus-digest wrote:
>Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 22:30:45 +0100
>From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [OM] eSIF CD on Mac problem
>
>Is there a Mac user on the list who can help Randy with this problem?

I'll try.

I just tried MS Internet Explorer (MSIE) with Joliet on the eSIF files that
live on my hard disk (copied from the CD after Joliet was installed), and it
works just fine.  Use the MSIE "open file" dialog to open "contents.htm", and
then do a "save as" to create a MSIE document that does the same thing as
contents.htm, but that will launch MSIE when double-clicked.

With the CD, you must use the MSIE "open file" dialog to open "contents.htm".

To put eSIF on your hard disk, drag the CD icon over and drop it on the open
window where you want eSIF.   A long copy operation will commence.  Do this
only after Joliet Volume is installed.  The file "contents.htm" is the top of
the hierarchy, and can be opened as a file from either MSIE or Netscape.

I'm using MacOS 9.1 on a 266-MHz beige PowerMac G3 for the above.  You didn't
mention what you were using.  I don't know if Joliet is ready for MacOS 10.x,
so stay with 9.1 or 9.2 for now.

Joe Gwinn