Re: [OM] silvernose

Subject: Re: [OM] silvernose
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 09:25:35 EST
Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder.  I prefer the black bodies
(currently have 9 of them vs 2 chrome) and like the black nosed lenses,
although I wouldn't make a buying decision based on the black nose/silver
nose question.  Given the choice of a SC or MC, I would go with the MC,
assuming same condition. I wonder if the silver nosed crowd likes chrome
bodies better than the black?  Some on the list know my fondness for the OM
2S, which certainly takes care of the question of black or chrome.  As
previously stated I really don't care if my Zuikos are silver or black nosed
lenses, however if any out there have trouble sleeping at night or are
embarrassed to go out in public with their black nosed lenses, I would be
willing to make an even swap of your black nosed for my silver nosed lenses.
Mine tend to grade toward the mint rather than the user grade, however will
discuss each one off list if there are any silver nosed folks out their with
an interest.  The Zuiko silver nosed candidates are as follows: 400mm f6.3,
300mm f4.5, 50mm f1.4, 50mm f1.8 & 35mm f2.  I might be willing to work some
kind trade involving the 50mms & the 35mm.  Although there is absolutely
nothing I need, I would like to get a Black OM 10 with the manual adapter in
nice condition one day.  Bill Barber