Re: [OM] Need help w/Winder 2, QUICKLY!

Subject: Re: [OM] Need help w/Winder 2, QUICKLY!
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 18:15:14 -0600
Do you have a volt meter?  If so, the first step is to remove the battery tray
and check for 6 volts at the end of the tray (you _did_ make sure the batterys
were in the tray the right way, didn't you?  ;^).

Next, remove the winder from the camera, insert the battery tray
(w/batteries!), and make sure it is "on" (either "single" or "sequence").  See
the two tiny silver buttons on the top of the winder -- next to the end where
up insert the battery tray?  Put something metal across these (like a
paperclip, etc.) and press the button on top -- the motor should start winding.
 If it does, the problem is
likely in the camera (you _did_ unscrew the MD cap on the bottom of the camera,
next to the battery cap, before attaching the winder, didn't you? -- I know, I
know, don't laugh, but I've seen it all!)

If the winder doesn't run, check the battery tray -- if it's bowed, you might
be able to straighten it, a-la Bill's note.  Oh, and when you clean the
contacts, be sure you _polish_ them, don't SCRATCH them!  Use something like an
old typewriter eraser, or even a pencil eraser.