[OM] Tope 9, printers and other questions

Subject: [OM] Tope 9, printers and other questions
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:28:01 EST
Oh, the tangled web we weave.  After purchasing the new computer to handle
the Polaroid SprintScan 4000 bought in last year's feeding frenzy and
installing my soon to be purchased copy of Photoshop Elements, will Olaf be
able to handle the landscapes I stitch together from my Zuiko/Olympus
produced images?  If so, what size?  I would appreciate advice from any out
there who are using the Epson printers on which one to get for the best print
quality for large prints.  I'm thinking either the 2000P or one of the others
which is less expensive than the 2000P, some of which have a 2880x720
resolution as opposed to the 1440x720 of the 2000P.  Does that make much
difference?  I like the idea of the archival prints produced by the 2000P.
At 25 years life expectancy of the other printers, I'll probably outlive
them. Has anyone heard any rumors of a next version or generation of the
Epson 2000P? Bill Barber