Re: [OM] Samyang WA was De plan! De plan!

Subject: Re: [OM] Samyang WA was De plan! De plan!
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 00:29:54 -0800
on 2/14/02 5:17 PM, Trevor at trevorupsd@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience with these Samyang WA zooms?  What is the
> quality like of their construction and performance?
>
> Trevor

I have one... the construction quality appears to be good, smooth moving
rings for focus and zoom, and metal body. The few images I have taken with
it appear OK, but they are 'snapshots' and I didn't examine them for
distortion or sharpness. The Samyang images are not likely to be as sharp or
distortion-free as equivalent Zuiko primes, but you will spend more OMoney
to cover the 18-to-28 focal range with Zuiko lenses... Someday I'll buy a
brick of film and do some lens tests...
--

Jim Brokaw