[OM] Two things in March Pop Photo

Subject: [OM] Two things in March Pop Photo
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 12:57:27 EST
Came across two items in the March Popular Photography you may be interested
in.
First was the mag's review of the Nikon FM3a. They loved it "the best Nikon
FM ever", (they love everything. They truly do). What caught my eye was the
45mm 2.8 lens for the camera. It was only 11/16 inch thick- they get 4
elements in 3 groups in there. Our own 40/2 I believe, is 1 full inch thick.

Second was the"SLR" column by Herb Keppler. He traveled back to Japan for a
reunion photo shoot of Mt. Fuji with 4 former heads of camera companies, all
now retired.
There was Shigeo Ono, who brought the world the Nikon FA;
Minoru Suzuki, Pentax SF-1;
Ichiro Yoshiyama, Minolta maxxum 7000;
And yes- our own Yoshihasa Maitani!
It was very interesting to note that Keppler and the three others all were
using 35mm cameras, and Maitani used a digital video camera only! (So, don't
tell me the OM system has even been abandoned by Maitani-san himself ?!)