[OM] Re: Flash Tutorial

Subject: [OM] Re: Flash Tutorial
From: "Dave Dougherty" <davdou@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 07:53:48 -0800
I well remember shooting in the Field House at the University of Wyoming in
1963.  I had a Honeywell Flash mounted on a Mamiya C-3 TLR and wanted to
shoot a choral group of some size.  I placed a remote slave flash about 12
feet from the group and stepped back to about 35 feet to frame the shot.

The head of the Photography for the Athletic Department and now an exec with
the Wyoming Travel Commission sniffed that I was wasting my time and film as
the combination wouldn't work.  I took the shots.

The choral group was well lighted and the shot worked great.  Ken was right
on that the location of the flash not the camera is the arbitor of the final
exposure.

Dave Dougherty