Re: [OM] New image sensor - Foveon

Subject: Re: [OM] New image sensor - Foveon
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 15:26:54 -0700
At 04:48 PM 12/02/2002 -0500, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
Also check http://www.dpreview.com/news/0202/02021102foveonx3tech.asp
The diagram indicates that the lowest sensor is 2um deep, and since
there is less blooming than tradition CCD's - would this prove Olympus
wrong about using traditional lenses, in that the light rays do not
have to be as "parallel" for this sensor as it does for a CCD? They
indicate a pixel size of 9um. Sure seems to me that a digital SLR
taking traditional OM lenses would be possible with this technology.

I'm sure it is. Unfortunately, we're going to have to wait to see if anybody besides Olympus wants to do such a thing.

So, how many smart engineer types do we have on the List?  8^>

Garth