RE: [OM] death of OM - looked at contax

Subject: RE: [OM] death of OM - looked at contax
From: "Alan" <atk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 12 Feb 2002 13:19:11 -0000
Peter,

I don't think you understand. For all practical purposes the contax manual
focus slr is 'dead'. They recently introduced the N mount which is an autofocus
thingy.

The one advantage of contax over olympus is that the line is dying much later -
i.e., many of hte camera/lenses are newer designs. Anyways it is all academic -
your olympus camera/minolta camera/canon (fd) camera/... will all survive 10 to
20 years. While I don't want to join the "film is dead" crowd. I suspect in 20
years it will be er not very alive...

Alan