Re: [OM] I need to find a special case

Subject: Re: [OM] I need to find a special case
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:20:07 +0100 (CET)
On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, William Clark wrote:

> Hey all,
>
>       I figure with all the photo buffs here someone must know where to
> get a good case.  I need it to store my astrophotography stuff in.  I am
> hoping to find a metal (aluminum) case with multiple tiers in it, maybe with
> foam.  Any ideas or web links?
>
> -Bill

Why go aluminium? I've had great success with "Watercases" and
"Flightcases" by Pierre Beauvais. Take a look at them:

        http://www.flightcases.dk

They're strong, robust, water-resistant and all. If I ever was to check in
photo-equipment on a flight, I'd use either of these cases. The
watercases are not even heavy. They're a little bit expensive, but I've
never regretted those I have. I have two small for photo-stuff (one for
lenses, model 716, one for my medium format, model 613. And I also have,
I use as a general purpose suitcase (the only suitcase which no airline
company managed to break yet). In fact, I'm considering buying one
watercase more for my recently acquired macro-stuff and maybe one more for
camera bodies.

Ok, I have to admit to "connection to seller": I know the company founders
son. But no, I am not on any provision nor do I get special discounts ;(
However I stand by that they are good products.

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering

  E-Mail: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx