[OM] OM Olympus80mm Macro.

Subject: [OM] OM Olympus80mm Macro.
From: "John Duggan" <john.duggan1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 01:58:15 -0000
The Olympus eSIF just saved me from making an embarrassing mistake. I was
just about to bid for a 80mm macro on e*ay using the buy it now feature.
price was good , I had asked the right questions (or so I thought)..lens in
good condition, free from scratches, fungus, no oil on diaphram.....Still
something seemed wrong. Rear lens cap looked normal....Looking through the
eSIF found out that the lens came in Auto and an earlier MANUAL version.
PHEW!!!! I had assumed all 80mm Macro's were auto.   The description, while
being accurate, did not state that the lens was manual, indeed it stated
that Auto bellows or Auto tubes were needed with this lens! Thanks Hans you
just saved my bacon!!!!!
                                   Regards, John Duggan, Wales, U.K.