Re: [OM] great photos from cheap equipment?

Subject: Re: [OM] great photos from cheap equipment?
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 17:33:06 +1100
>Since this thread refuses to die <g> has anyone here seen a movie called
>Pecker? It fits the thread sooooo well. Rent it, it's actually pretty
>entertaining and very photographically related. (I'll give away only the
>tidbit that Pecker's work went way down hill when he was forced to use a
>Wunderbrick instead of some old cheap rangefinder he used prior.)
>
>Mike Veglia

Supposed to be a kid with a great eye doing super work with a Canonet 28 he
found in his mother's thrift shop - garbage of course. Most of the shots
could not have been achieved with the camera at all and were done
professionally - with a Nikon wunderbrick I believe - which undercuts one
fundamental idea of the movie rather seriously. Otherwise a good filum
although Waters has done better.
AndrewF