Re: [OM] synch to TV

Subject: Re: [OM] synch to TV
From: Wayne Culberson <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 16:49:56 -0400

AG Schnozz wrote:

> > I wonder if it's synced to the TV so it flashes only during
> > the interframe
> > interval? (every 60th of a second)
>
> The most definitely are not synced to anything but the camera.
> Watch any pro basketball game on TV and you'll see flashes going
> off every time anything happens near the basket.

Not really related, but my son attended the East Coast Music awards in
Saint John, NB, on the weekend. He said they announced that they had
distributed 700 cameras in the crowd, and as they reached the countdown
for when they would go live on TV, they wanted everyone to start taking
pictures (and clap of course) so the flashes would show in the TV
cameras. This is the first I've heard of this (I don't get out much),
but I had to laugh at the thought of it. So there is more than one use
for disposable cameras. Wayne