Re: [OM] Film Scanner

Subject: Re: [OM] Film Scanner
From: "Roger Wesson" <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 00:42:29 -0000
Don't do it!!!  Don't go anywhere near this, and don't let your teacher
either.  I had one of these - they're rebadged as Jessops scanners in the
UK - and it was really awful.  Scans came out way too dark, with highly
obtrusive noise.  Totally unacceptable quality, so bad in fact that I took
it back because I thought it must be a duff unit.  The replacement was just
as bad, and I took that one back and swapped it for an Acer Scanwit 2720 -
I've been absolutely delighted with the results.  The Scanwit costs about
US$300 I think.

Roger