Re: [OM] the 28/2 saga

Subject: Re: [OM] the 28/2 saga
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 00:27:44 -0800
on 2/2/02 5:34 PM, Chris Waigl at chrisw@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Until today. In a used camera store, my eyes hit a ...
> Zuiko 28/2. This one has a silver nose. And is priced at
> 130€ (note, if you don't see the EUR sign, make your reader
> iso-8859-15 capable), i.e. about $110. On closer inspection,
> the aperture blades are oily, and the aperture is slow to
> open. But the vendor, who also repairs cameras, will fix
> this by Monday. It even comes with an original metal shade.
> So .... I do have to get this one, don't I? Please someone
> tell me to be reasonable and to save the money?!
>
> (Any comments on silver nosed 28/2 lenses are highly
> appreciated.:)
>
> Chris W.

Chris -- "You have to get this lens."

There, I told you. That is a very very good price for this lens, especially
if they will clean the aperture blades included for that. I didn't see any
problem with the pictures you posted from the old lens, so I wonder just
what the motive was in the store taking the 'defective' lens back. The
28/2.0 seems to regularly sell for over $250 on e*ay, so 130 Euro is a
*very* good price. As far as I know all the 28/2.0 were multicoated, even
the silver-nose version. The two I have both are MC, and very good, and both
cost more than you're being told.

Buy it, or let me know where it is if you don't!
--

Jim Brokaw