[OM] Ringflash photos of models

Subject: [OM] Ringflash photos of models
From: Joe Gwinn <joegwinn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 17:13:39 -0500
At 6:11 PM +0000 2/2/02, olympus-digest wrote:
>Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 15:02:53 +1030 (CST)
>From: davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (David Thatcher)
>Subject: Re: [OM] T10
>
>speaking of ring flashes, I saw an Avon catalogue (my cousin (female-
>cousine? cousinette?) sells Avon) late last year, with a headshot on
>the cover that appeared to be taken with a ringflash.
>
>the model was photographed behind a Venetian (slat) blind, & the
>catchlights in her eyes were doughnut shaped. there were no shadows to
>speak of on her face. It is a very striking photograph!

Most likely it was taken with a medium-format camera using a 150mm telephoto
lens (equivalent to 100mm on a 35mm camera) and a big ringflash, perhaps
Norman.  As I understand it, for some reason, this setup is almost a standard
for certain kinds of fashion shot; I don't know why, but guess that it shows
the fabric of her clothes better.  It's actually a very hard light compared to
an umbrella or a softbox.

> > KEH lists a T10 with T1 for $325 in excellent condition...

Far too weak to be photographing Vogue models.  Unless they are very patient.
Sorry.

Joe Gwinn