[OM] T32 with a brolly

Subject: [OM] T32 with a brolly
From: Sam Shiell <sam.shiell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:47:55 -0000
Hi,

My tip of the day.

Someone (sorry forgot who) was talking about using a T32 with a brolly, but
the disadvantage being that there is no modeling light to see what's going
on.

My 2-pence worth here is that I very occasionally put my T32 on a stand with
a brolly. In place of a modeling light I bought from the lighting dept of a
high-street store (for UK-ers, Marks and Spencers) a lamp that has a
flexible shaft and a very strong clip. This is perfect for clipping onto the
light stand and bending into the correct position so it shines into the
brolly.  I make a point of turning it off once everything's set up in case
it causes a colour cast

It's true that this doesn't give any indication of the relative intensity of
the flash, but as I only have one this isn't a problem anyway.

I'm sure you should be able to buy these sort of lamps anywhere.

Sam
This e-mail and any attached files are intended solely for the named
addressee only. It may contain information that is confidential, legally
privileged and protected by copyright. Unless you are the named addressee
(or authorised to receive on behalf of the addressee) you may not copy, use
or disclose its contents to anyone else. If you received this e-mail in
error please notify the sender immediately and then delete it from your
system. We make every effort to keep our network free from viruses although
we can take no responsibility for any computer virus which may be
transferred by way of this e-mail.