Re: [OM] Tamron 28-200mm zoom question

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 28-200mm zoom question
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 02:28:19 +0100
Yo,

on Fri, 18 Jan 2002 17:22:46 -0800, dreammoose wrote:

>Model 71A aspherical zoom 28-200mm f3.8-5.6. I think there may be
>another similar model.
>2-touch design with the focus out front like AF lenses
>No macro or even close focus capability; close focus is 2.1m/7ft.

I owned one of these for a while. The picture quality it delivered was
astonishingly good, but there were two things that finally made me
sell it:
1 - The close focus of 2.1 m very often just wasn't close enough.
2 - It focused the other way around as opposed to my Zuikos and other
third party lenses (that is to say, to get to infinity you had to turn
the focusing ring in the direction where the others had their close
focus, and the other way around). Drove me absolutely nuts.

MtFbwy,
Volkhart