Re: [OM] 3rd party lens info

Subject: Re: [OM] 3rd party lens info
From: Pandionhalietius@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 20:03:14 EST
In a message dated 1/24/02 3:49:18 PM Pacific Standard Time, xato0@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

<< As to the Tamron 300/2.8, the olive green one was the
 best according to consensus and tests. The first one
 did not have internal focus, was not as sharp and
 close focusing was not as good a version 2. The third
 version, was not quite as sharp as version 2,
 according to what I have read.

 Warren

I have had the earlier non-internal 300/2.8 Tamron White model and the green
IF version.
I found them both razor sharp and the earlier version gave no ground-it was
superb.
John