Re: [OM] What to keep / Oil question

Subject: Re: [OM] What to keep / Oil question
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 17:41:39 EST
I have a follow-on question to Moose's.... just how much oil is considered
'bad'? Is there any general 'rule' or 'threshold'? I 'll assume *any* oil is
bad, but can a lens generally operate OK for say,  'years' with *some* oil?
I ask because I see a spot of oil on _one_ blade of a lens I own, it's a
larger lens, and I wonder how concerned I should be. Blades seem to operate
fine right now...

Thanks,
George S.