Re: [OM] How many messages do you usually keep handy?

Subject: Re: [OM] How many messages do you usually keep handy?
From: Paul Wallich <pw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 11:25:29 -0500
At 6:29 PM -0600 1/23/02, Jon Wichman wrote:

in the archives.

Mike W.

Say, I've been wondering if any of you have a feel for how
many messages you like to keep around until you think
that the subject has died?

I'm at 2037 messages in my Olympus folder now and,
was thinking about getting around to deleting some of the older ones.
That's a little over 12 days worth - since I signed up.

Of course, I've already marked most of them that I wasn't
interested in or, couldn't answer as read anyway.

What do you think?  Around 7-10 days worth sound good?

I don't think I'd probably think of an answer to a question much past
that and, want easy access to the original message to reply...

My folder says 7112 at the moment, but that's because I keep around
anything I may want to refer to -- never can remember the URL for
the archive. That take me back to mid-2000

paul    no wonder I needed that 60G disk

--
Paul Wallich                                            pw@xxxxxxxxx