Re: [OM] Why bigger images are better

Subject: Re: [OM] Why bigger images are better
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 17:32:41 +0800
> CH,
>

> Could you tells us more about the technical specs of the Fuji Frontier?
Number of pixels, bit depth of the pixels, etc?  This may be far more camera
than the little 2.1-megapixel P&S I mentioned.

> Joe Gwinn

Fuji Frontier 350 is the most common printing machine here employed by the
digital processing lab, it is a laser printer that printing at 400dpi (if my
memory serve) on Fuji Crystal Paper. There is a review on
http://www.belgiumdigital.com/ select "photofinishing service" for the
comparison, it also mentioned Fuji Frontier is the best they have tested.
You can also see some very nice photos here.

On the other hand, one of the most impressive digital site I have seen is
at:

http://photography-on-the.net/gallery/list.php

Unfortunately the photos were taken with G1 not Olympus :-)

If you have a decent monitor you will see how the digital perform in color
and contrast or depth, a figure does not show how good it is.

C.H.Ling