RE: [OM] C&C OM Camera Repair Guides on Ebay

Subject: RE: [OM] C&C OM Camera Repair Guides on Ebay
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 23:56:16 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 19 Jan 2002, Scott Gomez wrote:

> Thanks, Mark! Real info. Interesting that I was thinking form the auction
> advert that they also covered disassembly reassembly. Nice to know that
> isn't the case without the Oly info as well.
>
> Would you generally consider them "worth the investment"?

At the $40+ price range I don't think they're worth it.  If you can find
used ones at a lower price ($10-$15), then it would be worth it.  I think
their videos cover the disassembly and reassembly of bodies, but I've never
seen one so I don't know for sure.  The best investment is still the Olympus
service manuals.

> I couldn't decide what was up from the SPT. Their website has essentially
> ZERO info other than "pay a bunch of money and join us." And what they do
> have made it look like to me C&C owned, operated and ran the whole thing. A
> "captive organization," so to speak.

That's how the SPT worked.  You became a member and got the journals "free"
(sort of like the IEEE).  I thought the SPT died off years ago, I guess C&C
is keeping them alive.
                                -mark