Re: [OM] Off the camera TTL, a cheaper way?

Subject: Re: [OM] Off the camera TTL, a cheaper way?
From: Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 13:13:38 -0500
On Saturday, January 19, 2002 at 8:05, Joel Wilcox
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote re "Re: [OM] Off the camera TTL, a cheaper way?" saying:
> If your cord is like a Duosync, yes it will be TTL capable with the
> proper flash and camera.  I don't know of impedance issues.  The Duosync
> cords are fairly flimsy and the "feet" sometimes require shimming a bit
> to make a firm contact in the permanent shoes like those on the OM-2S and
> OM-4.  (For some reason the detachable shoes are a little bit tighter
> fit.)

One thing I've done for cords without any strain relief ( an extended
thicker area of the cord or plug that avoids severe bending) is to put some
Shoe Goo around it, thick around the plug, or where the cord enters, and
thinning along the cord.

tOM
------------------------ http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ottawa-photo-clubs
tOM A. Trottier,        ICQ:57647974    http://abacurial.com
        758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
        +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115 N45.412 W75.714
"The moment one gives close attention to anything,
even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious,
awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself --
Henry Miller, 1891-1980