Re: [OM] E10/E20 flash question

Subject: Re: [OM] E10/E20 flash question
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 11:42:02 -0800
In a message dated 1/19/2002 Ian A. Nichols writes:

<< ISTR someone saying that, besides the FL40, the E10 & E20 can use old
fashioned T-series flashes too.  Is that right?  If so, do they work in
TTL mode or normal auto mode or manual mode (how?!!).  What sort of
connector is needed for off-camera use?

Despite this morning's outburst, I'm starting to be tempted by an E10
now that they cost a lot less... now that they're obsolete.... oh... the
pattern repeats again! >>

First off, I sure am happy I made that plunge. (Off to Costco to get me
another 128mb of CF "film" today ;-)...)

While they are now "down rev" and cheaper, they offer great value and
make incredible images--which is really what this is all about. Just
remember, NMHi batteries and memory cards are your friends--and like
horsepower, there is never too much battery capacity or memory storage.

This forum should be of help if you make the plunge into an E-10:
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1022

There are only two flashes I am aware of that offer TTL operation with
the E-10/20. The FL-40 and a Metz 54 with SCA 3202 adapter. Despite
being a little more $$$, I'm leaning towards the Metz since it can be
used on most any different camera (such as my OMs, or my next
camera...likely another Olympus digital SLR).

>From what I gather, people use all kinds of flashes on E-10/20 cameras
ranging from Vivitar 285s to bulb flashes to studio flashes. The nice
thing is you can do all kinds of experimenting with exposures and it
costs nothing in film and processing, and you can see results from which
to make adjustments immediately.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com