Re: [OM] your experience with 2,0/90 macro?

Subject: Re: [OM] your experience with 2,0/90 macro?
From: "John A. Prosper" <JAProsper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 03:36:41 -0800
To add to Olaf's remarks, the 90/2 is optimized for 1:10 magnification (M),
although it will provide professionally sharp results out to 1:2 M.  The
100/2 is optimized for best performance at infinity; so any fair comparison
as to which lens is sharper than the other must compare these lenses at
their optimal performance settings.

I own the 90/2 macro and use it for everything I would use the 100/2 for.  I
sold my 180/2 to Mr. Tom Scales (who else!?! ;-) ) and have been pondering
picking up a 100/2.  I also own the Zuiko B-300 1.7X teleconverter (really a
Galileo telescope) and pair it with the 90/2 to yield a 153/2.5 macro optic.
With the 100/2-B-300 combo, I would have a 170/2.5 optic which is a little
better replacement for the 180/2 than the 90/2-B-300 combo, plus it's
lighter, shorter & cheaper than the 180/2 to boot.

So depending on your photographic subject priorities, there is quite a way
to go with either combination.

Regards,
John