Re: [OM] Italy, taking "illegal pictures"

Subject: Re: [OM] Italy, taking "illegal pictures"
From: Pandionhalietius@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 22:13:12 EST
"David" was the only art object I saw in Italy where  cameras flashed and
shutters zipping away in my visut there May 2000 (my Zuiko 21/3.5 was
perfect).  In the other musuems or cathederals expect a quick (well deserved)
toss from the premise. It is distracting, damages the longevity of the
paintings, and the art pieces are in many books anyway.  Save the photo
taking for the neat people and exterior beauty of the land.
Every cathederal I would see people (non flash) sneaking pictures but you
could sense it was definately frowned upon.
Forget tripods as well inside.
Have fun!
John

<< Hi Albert,

 can I guess? Its the museum in Florence with Michaelangelo's DAvid? If it is,
 then I have some sneaked pics as well, but taken with my Leica M6. OM
shutter is
 louder.

 --Adi >>