Re: [OM] OM Memo

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Memo
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 15:21:54 -0500
Here's the memo as I received it from Olympus.

Subject:           Olympus to stop production of 35mm OM SLR System

Olympus Optical Co., Ltd. will discontinue production of the 35mm OM SLR
system.  We will continue to manufacture selected lenses and accessories for
the OM System through the end of March 2003.

Olympus launched the original OM-1 in 1972 and has developed and sold
numerous OM System lenses and accessories.  After 30 years, it has become
increasingly difficult to find stable supplies of parts for the camera
system.  This has made it impossible to continue to keep the system on the
market.  Olympus is committed to providing  excellent levels of after sales
service for our products.

After Sales Service for the OM system:

· For Camera bodies, lenses and flashes- Olympus will maintain spare
functional parts for approximately 10 years after the end of production.

· For other accessories- Olympus will maintain spare functional parts for
other accessories, but time periods differ from part to part.

For further repair inquires, please contact Customer Support at 1-800
622-6372

John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
New OM & Used, Digital, Pearlcorders, Binoculars
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121