[OM] BAD NEWS! Official end of the OM line. WAS: Whats this?

Subject: [OM] BAD NEWS! Official end of the OM line. WAS: Whats this?
From: Jim Couch <jamesbcouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 08:03:04 -0800
You are not going to like this. Translation is via www.worldlingo.com. It
is very rough, but the basic information is here. Perhaps one of our
Japanese speaking members can give us a more accurate translation. I'm
going to go cry now.

Jim Couch

2002. 1.17

Sale of 35mm single-lens reflex camera system " OM system " end

                    The Olympus optical industrial corporation (president
Kikukawa hardness), this each
                    time, ends the sale of body " OM-3TI " of 35mm
single-lens reflex camera system "
                    OM system " and the " OM-4TI BLACK ". In addition,
after continuing sale, it
                    becomes end to 2003 year 3 end of the month concerning
the lens and the accessories
                    of the OM system which does production at present
time.

                    This corporation included the lens and the accessory
et cetera since selling, as OM-1 " a
                    " " OM system " in 1972, developed the product many
and continued sale and was
                    defeated. But, nearly 30 years to elapse from the
basic design, to be difficult to the part
                    supply ??? side which is stabilized, because it became
the circumstance whose it is
                    difficult to offer continuously in the future as a
system commodity, this each time, we
                    had decided to end the sale of the OM system.
Furthermore, in order to answer the
                    demand of purchase concerning the lens and the
accessories which continue
                    production at present time, after continuing sale, it
becomes end to 2003 year 3 end of
                    the month. In addition, we continue service so far
with similar system concerning the
                    after-sales service.
                    In the future, it utilizes the image technology which
is cultivated with the OM system
                    which you regularly use from many everyone over long
time, to the development of the
                    image-related commodity of this corporation in new
shape, it keeps endeavoring to the
                    development of the product which it can contribute to
OM system similar, image culture
                    and photograph culture even from now on.

                    ? Concerning the after-sales service of the OM system
each product
                    < Body * lens & flash >
                    Concerning the part for repair, 10 years after the
production discontinuation are
                    possessed in aim. Already because there is also a
commodity which has ended
                    production, Service station of Olympus plaza or every
place Being similar, we
                    correspond to the inquiry from the customer.
                    < In addition accessory >
                    Depending upon the commodity, holding period after the
production discontinuation of
                    the part for repair differs. In addition because there
is also a commodity which already
                    has ended production, at the service station of the
Olympus plaza or the every place we
                    correspond to the inquiry from the customer.

                    ? Production continuous item to 2003 year 3 end of the
month (lens)
                    ??? - 21 millimeter F3.5, ??? - 24 millimeter F2.8,
??? - 35 millimeter F2, ??? - 35
                    millimeter F2.8, ??? - 50 millimeter F1.2, ??? - 50
millimeter F1.8, ??? - 85 millimeter
                    F2, ??? - 100 millimeter F2, ??????? 50 millimeter F2,
??????? 90 millimeter F2
                    and ??????? 20 millimeter F2, ??????? 38 millimeter
F2.8
                    ? In addition concerning the production continuous
item of the accessories, It clicks
                    this way Please do.

                    ? Inquiry * of customer consultation window
                    Furthermore various regarding the OM system from the
customer at the Olympus plaza
                    we correspond inquiry * concerning consultation.