[OM] The end of OM??

Subject: [OM] The end of OM??
From: alias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 17 Jan 2002 12:08:04 -0000
The Japanese news release translated by excite.co.jp.

Is this for the Japanese market only?

Chris Lee
Hong Kong

Sale of 35mm single-lens reflex camera system "OM system" is ended.=20

Olympus Optical Co., Ltd. (president Kikugawa ?) ends the body
"OM-3Ti" of 35mm single-lens reflex camera system "OM system", and
sale of "OM-4Ti BLACK" lately. Moreover, it is ended after continuing
sale about the lens and accessories of OM system which produce at
present till the end of March, 2003.
=20
Our company has developed many products including a lens, accessories,
etc. for "OM-1" as a "OM system" in 1972 since sale, and has continued
sale. However, about 30 years have passed since the basic design, the
stable part supply was very difficult,and since it became a difficult
situation to provide continuously as system goods from now on, I did
to ending sale of OM system lately. In addition, about the lens and
accessories which are continuing production at present, in order to
answer to demand of purchase, it is ended, after continuing sale till
the end of March, 2003. Moreover, about after-sale service, I continue
service in the same organization as the former.=20

It strives for development of the product which can contribute to
development of the image related goods of our company like OM system
from now on at moving image and photograph culture taking advantage of
the image technology cultivated by OM system regularly used over many
years from many you in a new form from now on.=20

- After-sale service of OM system each product=20
<Body lens flash>=20
About the performance parts for repair, it holds around ten years
after the manufacture close. Since there are also goods which have
already ended production The Olympus plaza or the service station of
every place It is alike and I correspond to an inquiry from a visitor.

<Other accessories>=20
With goods, the possession period after the manufacture close of the
performance parts for repair changes. Moreover, since there are also
goods which have already ended production, I correspond to an inquiry
from a visitor in the service station of the Olympus plaza or every
place.=20

- The production continuation article by the end of March, 2003 (lens)
ZUIKO 21 mm F3.5, ZUIKO 24 mm F2.8, ZUIKO 35 mm F2, ZUIKO 35 mm F2.8,
ZUIKO 50mm F1.2, ZUIKO 50 mm F1.8, ZUIKO 85 mm F2, ZUIKO 100 mm F2,
ZUIKO broad view 50 mm F2, ZUIKO broad view 90 mm F2, ZUIKO broad view
20 mm F2, ZUIKO broad view 38 mm F2.8 * In addition to this about the
production continuation article of accessories, it is. It clicks here.
Please carry out.=20

- A visitor's inquiry and consultation window. About various inquiry
and consultations about OM system from a visitor, I correspond
in the Olympus plaza.=20
Remove NOSPAM. form reply address to reply