[OM] Bounce Grip One & QA 310 Flash

Subject: [OM] Bounce Grip One & QA 310 Flash
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 21:38:06 +1300
Hi Chris,

I recommend you stick labels on grip and flash "No Nicads".

Perhaps the biggest risk you run in buying a used QA310, is that you get
one that has been ruined.

Just now I took my "fried" one out of storage and ran it through off-camera
tests.  And did the same with the other.

To my surprise I could not detect any difference between that one and the
"good" one I'm using now. I can't remember what evidence I had to make me
decide to buy some more. Incipient but undetected Zuikoholism perhaps (but
I've had it for years). All functions seemed to behave equally off camera.

So on the basis of  those tests, one could say both are fried internally or
neither are.

If anybody else can advise what the symptoms are of a "nicad-ruined
QA310", I'd be pleased to read.

Brian
> Subject: Re: [OM] Bounce grip
>
> Nope.  Only tilts.
>
> I figured, for a price of $15 I'd take a chance and grab the Bounce Grip. I
> beat
> him down to $10. Does this qualify as a FANG?
>
> It's a BG1.  I have no way of testing it yet, seeing as I don't have a 310
> flash.
>
> Anybody got a 310 flash for sale? cheeeeeeeep
>
> Cheers
>
> Chris Linek
> The Snappy Australian
Zuikoholics, enablers, one and all.