Re: [OM] OM-3

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-3
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 21:58:03 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, C.H.Ling wrote:

> I once have a chance to hold it on hand, I think it is paint over
> anodize. It make the paint adhesion much better than paint over
> Titanium. Normally anodize surface is very smooth, anyone have a OM3Ti
> can have a look on it.

I just checked my 3Ti and it sure doesn't look like paint.  The surface is
textured, very similar to the chrome on the OM-1.  I compared it to the other
black bodies.  In comparision, the 4Ti has a more pebbled and shiny finish,
it looks very much like paint.  Both the OM-3 and OM-4 have a smooth flat
black paint like surface.  I guess the best way to imagine the 3Ti's finish
is to think of a chrome OM-1 in a dark smoke colour.
                                -mark