Re: [OM] Re-lube of Bounce Grip 2?

Subject: Re: [OM] Re-lube of Bounce Grip 2?
From: bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 09:48:15 -0800
At 09:07 AM 1/14/02 -0800, Bill Stanke wrote:
>Skip,
>
>This is a pretty easy fix.  You should have the exploded parts diagram
>in front of you, as you are working on it.
>
>I would use a blow dryer or heat gun to warm the grease.  Olympus used a
>grease that dried out, and looked and acted like glue.  You will need to
>remove all of the old grease, and re-lube.  I believe that I used axle
>bearing grease for the project, but I suspect that any light/medium
>quality grease would work.

Skip,

Did mine several  months ago as it had your symptoms. The exploded diagram
was a godsend (never knew there were so many bits) both in taking apart and
putting back together. The hairdryer idea worked especially well to get the
bits apart. Once cleaned it worked flawlessly. Also tightened the head lock
courtesy of the diagram. Good luck!
Barry H