Re: [OM] 35mm vs. 6x9

Subject: Re: [OM] 35mm vs. 6x9
From: Pandionhalietius@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 23:59:38 EST
Take the battery out of your OM camera and you will be forced to slow down
and use other metering options as well.  I have a Fuji GW690III that is
meterless.
I thought that life would be impossible without a built-in meter.  It does
indeed slow me down enough to actually think a tad more and look more before
each shot.  Each roll of 120 is only "8" exposures long in the 6x9.
With a motor driven camera and 36 exposues rolls with fast reload my mind
goes into warp speed with promise and carelessness.  When my counter hits "7"
on my 6x9, I am pretty careful about the next knowing it will be a sort of
painful reload after that next picture : )  I think the Leica crowd knows
this feeling too.
(the OM4 makes a wondeful spot meter for the fuji too)
John

<< True, but you'll note that in my post I simply said that some users of
large
 format kits say the slow pace of the format is an advantage. That doesn't
 mean that you can't work slowly with smaller formats, just that some people
 find that it helps to be forced to work slowly. >>