Re: [[OM] Opinions on the utility of monopods?]

Subject: Re: [[OM] Opinions on the utility of monopods?]
From: Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 01:59:59 -0500
A chain can also be used to stabilise a tripod in windy conditions by
attaching it to the centre and pulling down on it with one foot while the
other steps on the end of the chain. Just wrapping around the centre a few
times will usually hold.

Or hang your camera bag from the tripod and pull down on it at the vital
moment.

Tom

On Saturday, January 12, 2002 at 17:12, Wayne Culberson
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote re "Re: [[OM] Opinions on the utility o" saying:

> Of course it won't really do what a monopod would, but I've put one
> together this afternoon just for fun. Total cost from the hardware store
> was about $5 Cdn. The whole thing can be completely enclosed in one
> fist, so it adds almost nothing in weight or size to carry. Seems like
> it might be good for a conversation piece if nothing else.
> Wayne
>
> Chip Stratton wrote:
> >
> > Obviously a 'chainpod' can be better than nothing, but it really only limits
> > motion in one axis, while a monopod limits motion in all but one axis.
> >
> > Chip Stratton
> >
> > > Well, where have I been for 50 years? I've never heard of this before.
> > > Sometimes the simplest cheapest solutions escape us don't they? Thanks
> > > for the tip, Wayne (who learns something from this list every day)

> > > chain & pull

------- Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur -----------------
   ,__@ Tom A. Trottier +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115
 _-\_<, 758 Albert St.,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)        ICQ:57647974 N45.412 W75.714